Social Media Editor
The Economic Hardship Reporting Project, a nonprofit journalism organization, is looking for a part-time social media editor. Our organization enables reporters, photojournalists and documentary filmmakers to examine growing inequality in America. Our ideal candidate, who could work from home, will have a passion for social justice, experience in storytelling and a keen understanding of publicity.
We expect the following skills from applicants:
- Experience in journalism or communications
- 2+ years social media experience (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
- Strong headline writer
- Ability to connect/goad social media influencers to raise awareness of EHRP and its co-published stories
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- Understanding of analytics and ability to compile reports on social media performance
- MailChimp expertise
The Economic Hardship Reporting Project, a journalism nonprofit founded by Barbara Ehrenreich, is looking for a part-time, freelance development associate. The ideal candidate will identify new funding sources and maintain relationships with existing supporters, including managing grant reporting. We request that applicants have experience with grant writing, preferably for media/journalism nonprofits, as well as excellent writing skills. She/he should also have a working knowledge of our fiscal sponsor, Institute for Policy Studies, and a familiarity with handling grants that feature a fiscal sponsor relationship.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate and prepare narrative reports and proposals for foundations.
- Prepare grant proposals and necessary supporting documentation, including budgets
- Perform prospect research on new sources of funding.
- Maintain a calendar of funding deadlines.
- Regularly inform leadership of tasks that they need to fulfill relating to development.
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor's degree or master’s with a track record in development and grant writing.
- Ability to write clear, structured, persuasive and even beautiful proposals that take into account the current state of journalism and the political environment.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to copy edit.
- A knowledge of nonprofit journalism organizations.
EHRP is committed to diversity and encourages members
of underrepresented communities to apply.
Send all CVs and cover letters to David Wallis, managing director,